How you can help your child
- Please ensure you child reads at home every day and has the opportunity to discuss their book with an adult.
- Additionally, please, no matter how good a reader you child is, please read to them regularly.
- Please make sure homework is done to a high standard, with the minimum of adult help, and returned to school by the due date.
- Please encourage them to practice their weekly spellings by writing each spelling at least 3 times every day.
- Encourage them to write for a purpose -- letters, shopping lists, diaries, postcards etc.
- Make sure they can recall all their tables facts rapidly and in random order, including the related division facts.
- PE and art activities are important aspects of the school day, so please ensure painting shirts and complete PE kits are in school at all times.
- Read the termly pamphlet to find out which topics we are doing, and find relevant books in the library, or even take them to a place connected with the topic.