Welcome to Class Imagine!
Welcome to Imagine class!
It's Summer term already! Where has the year gone?
This half term is a bit up and done as we are still finishing our Ancient Greece unit and also starting our life cycles topic in Science. We will be finishing Who Let the Gods Out and moving onto Kensuke's Kingdom.
- Your diaries should be in everyday. We expect you to be writing in your reading 5 times a week. In class we will be looking at examples of how this should be laid out and expect you to follow these. You should be including a reading skill (prediction, questioning, clarifying vocabulary or summary) when you write these in, If you do not complete the required amount of reading, there will be a breaktime detention for this.
- Spellings will be given out on a Monday and tested the following Monday.
- Homework will be given out in the first week of each half term and will be due back in the last week of the half term. We've been very impressed with the quality of homework handed in this half term - well done!
- Mathletics will be updated every fortnight and is part of your homework.
- TT Rockstars is also something you should be regularly be using to keep your times table and division knowledge fresh and the best that it can be.
- PE days are Wednesday and Friday
- PE kits should be in everyday and be complete (top, shorts, shoes). Girls should preferably have a spare hair tie inside. Trainers are allowed to be worn, although they should be ones that you aren't worried about getting scuffed or muddy. Tracksuit bottoms (plain) are also acceptable for outdoor PE.
- Water bottles should be brought in everyday and, where possible, labelled clearly with your name.
- Pencil cases are allowed but you must be aware that these are your responsibility.
- Reading books from school are allowed to go home as long as they are regularly brought back in.
We had a brilliant time at PGL. There are hundreds of photos on our school Twitter page. If you still need to request to follow it, write your Twitter handle in the diary and we will accept your request. They are well worth a flick through, especially with the kids!
Year 5 and Year 3 worked together, during our STEAM day, to design and construct effective bridges. We had great fun!,