Welcome to Fearless class!
I can't believe it's Summer term already! Where has the year gone?
This half term is a bit up and done as we are still finishing our Ancient Greece unit and also starting our life cycles topic in Science. We will be finishing Who Let the Gods Out and moving onto Kensuke's Kingdom.
- Your diaries should be in everyday. We expect you to be writing in your reading 5 times a week. In class we will be looking at examples of how this should be laid out and expect you to follow these. You should be including a reading skill (prediction, questioning, clarifying vocabulary or summary) when you write these in, If you do not complete the required amount of reading, there will be a breaktime detention for this.
- Spellings will be given out on a Monday and tested the following Monday.
- Homework will be given out in the first week of each half term and will be due back in the first week of the next half term.
- TT Rockstars is also something you should be regularly be using to keep your times table and division knowledge fresh and the best that it can be.
- PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday.
- PE kits should be in everyday and be complete (top, shorts, shoes). Girls should preferably have a spare hair tie inside. Trainers are allowed to be worn, although they should be ones that you aren't worried about getting scuffed or muddy. Tracksuit bottoms (plain) are also acceptable for outdoor PE.
- Water bottles should be brought in everyday and, where possible, labelled clearly with your name.
- Pencil cases are allowed but you must be aware that these are your responsibility.
- Reading books from school are allowed to go home as long as they are regularly brought back in!
We said goodbye to our chickies today! We still can't believe that they grew SO much in just over a week.
Now that the (10!) chicks are a bit sturdier, we had them out on our tables so they could have a wander and so we could stroke and hold them. We think that they're awfully cute (even when they do decide to go to the toilet on our arm...).
We have our chicks in class now! We've had quite a few hatch today already!
On Tuesday, we had a skipping workshop. We were challenged to skip as much as we could in 2 minutes. This really wore us out! We kept a score using the ropes (they counted) and then tried again a second time to beat it.
We had an AMAZING time at PGL. There are (literally) HUNDREDS of photos on our school Twitter page. If you haven't seen them yet and need to send a follow request, just put a note of your handle in the diary and we will accept you. They are well worth a look through with the kids.
World Book Day brought out some fab outfits!
We had lots of fun during our trip to the Ragged School museum. Miss Perkins gave us a good experience of being in a Victorian classroom and Colin taught us about what it was like in a poor Victorian home.
We have been creating a dance to 'Rock around the clock'. It's not quite finished yet but some of us wanted to show you what we've done so far!
Miss Driscoll choreographed the first section and then we used some of the moves to help us create the next sections as a group.
(Please ignore Miss Driscoll's vocal interruptions!)
We created collage art in honour of Rememberance day and the 100 year anniversary of the end of WW1.
In Science, we experimented to see if we could inflate a balloon in a different way...we were surprised at the result!
During STEAM week, we worked in teams with year 4 to design and create effective bridges. We realised that a good base was the key to holding heavy weight and so we built these up well.
We had fun creating the moon phases with Oreos...even if we got a little carried away eating them!
These are some of our interesting counter balances. We have been working on extension, control and using different levels.
What would you put inside your magic box???