Welcome to Fearless class!
Spring is in the air and we're all looking forward to a fantastic week at PGL later in the term! We're looking at Ancient Greece for our topic and reading 'Who Let the Gods Out?' by Maz Evans to go along with this.
- Your diaries should be in everyday. We expect you to be writing in your reading 5 times a week. In class we will be looking at examples of how this should be laid out and expect you to follow these. You should be including a reading skill (prediction, questioning, clarifying vocabulary or summary) when you write these in, If you do not complete the required amount of reading, there will be a breaktime detention for this.
- Spellings will be given out on a Monday and tested the following Monday.
- Homework will be given out in the first week of each half term and will be due back in the last week of the half term.
- TT Rockstars is also something you should be regularly be using to keep your times table and division knowledge fresh and the best that it can be.
- PE days are Tuesday and Thursday
- PE kits should be in everyday and be complete (top, shorts, shoes). Girls should preferably have a spare hair tie inside. Trainers are allowed to be worn, although they should be ones that you aren't worried about getting scuffed or muddy. Tracksuit bottoms (plain) are also acceptable for outdoor PE.
- Water bottles should be brought in everyday and, where possible, labelled clearly with your name.
- Pencil cases are allowed but you must be aware that these are your responsibility.
- Reading books from school are allowed to go home as long as they are regularly brought back in.
- A coat should now be in school everyday as it is now Winter!
Writing - To use commas correctly for a range of purposes.
Reading - To summarise a chapter in no more than 5 key points.
Maths - To find fractions of amounts (including non-unit fractions).
We had lots of fun during our trip to the Ragged School museum. Miss Perkins gave us a good experience of being in a Victorian classroom and Colin taught us about what it was like in a poor Victorian home.
We have been creating a dance to 'Rock around the clock'. It's not quite finished yet but some of us wanted to show you what we've done so far!
Miss Driscoll choreographed the first section and then we used some of the moves to help us create the next sections as a group.
(Please ignore Miss Driscoll's vocal interruptions!)
We created collage art in honour of Rememberance day and the 100 year anniversary of the end of WW1.
In Science, we experimented to see if we could inflate a balloon in a different way...we were surprised at the result!
During STEAM week, we worked in teams with year 4 to design and create effective bridges. We realised that a good base was the key to holding heavy weight and so we built these up well.
We had fun creating the moon phases with Oreos...even if we got a little carried away eating them!
These are some of our interesting counter balances. We have been working on extension, control and using different levels.
What would you put inside your magic box???