Who are the Hook Lane PTA?
The PTA is made up of a group of friendly and proactive parents, who work together to raise valuable funds for our school.
Every parent is welcome to join the PTA.
What do the PTA do?
The PTA works together to organise events throughout the school year. These include school discos, Christmas and summer fetes, regular tuck shop sales and the organising of purchasable keepsakes such as tea-towels and Christmas cards. The PTA also holds events for adults, such as shopping events and quiz nights, which allows our school and local community to come together. Not only are these events lots of fun, but they also allow us to raise funds, with every penny raised being spent back on the children, making their school environment and education more exciting and enjoyable.
What do the PTA spend money on?
Here are a few things the PTA have funded in the last few years :
- £8,000 towards the ongoing double decker reading bus project.
- The projector and sound system in the school hall.
- Yearly production programs and props for year 6.
- Yearly Easter Egg hunts for all children.
- Contributions towards school trips and the Year 5 residential trip.
- Leavers gifts for every year 6 child.
- Costumes for the school nativities.
How can you get involved?
- Would you like to help us to raise increasingly important funds for our children?
- Are you able to help at events or help set up beforehand?
- Are you good with ICT and would like to help us with advertising our events?
- Do you have links with any organisations that may be able to help with donations?
- Does your workplace do matched fundraising?
There are many different ways you can help! Whether it be 5 minutes or 5 hours. ANY help is really appreciated!
We hold regular meetings and send out the details but we appreciate family life can be hectic so if you can't make it to the meeting but would still like to get involved or find out more about the PTA you can contact us at: email@example.com, via Facebook or via Instagram.