Welcome to Class Imagine!
It's the start of a new year and we're all looking forward to seeing what comes next! We're glad to have you back and seeing what you're all capable of.
We will be reading Cosmic this half term to go along with our Space topic.
- Your diaries should be in everyday. We expect you to be writing in your reading 5 times a week. In class we will be looking at examples of how this should be laid out and expect you to follow these. You should be including a reading skill (prediction, questioning, clarifying vocabulary or summary) when you write these in, If you do not complete the required amount of reading, there will be a breaktime detention or 5 minutes from reward time for this (2x by Wednesday and 4x by Friday).
- Spellings will be given out on a Monday and tested the following Monday.
- Homework will be given out in the first week of each half term and will be due back in the first week of the next half term.
- TT Rockstars is something you should be regularly be using to keep your times table and division knowledge fresh and the best that it can be.
- PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday.
- PE kits should be in everyday and be complete (top, shorts, shoes). Girls should preferably have a spare hair tie inside. Trainers are allowed to be worn, although they should be ones that you aren't worried about getting scuffed or muddy. Tracksuit bottoms (plain) are also acceptable for outdoor PE.
- Water bottles should be brought in everyday and, where possible, labelled clearly with your name (ones with sports caps can be kept on tables).
- Pencil cases are allowed but you must be aware that these are your responsibility.
- Reading books from school are allowed to go home as long as they are regularly brought back in!
- As we are all aware, the weather is probably going to be getting colder soon. If you can make sure you bring in a sensible, waterproof jacket if it's supposed to rain then you'll be able to still go out at break as long as it's not torrential rain!