Welcome to Fearless class!
It's the spring term already! We're all looking forward to PGL at the end of the term and if you have any queries or worries feel free to talk to us or Mrs Sheekey.
We are reading Street Child by Berlie Doherty and studying the Victorians.
- Your diaries should be in everyday. We expect you to be writing in your reading 5 times a week. In class we will be looking at examples of how this should be laid out and expect you to follow these. You should be including a reading skill (prediction, questioning, clarifying vocabulary or summary) when you write these in,
- Spellings will be given out on a Monday and tested the following Monday.
- Homework will be given out at the start of each half term and will be due back in either the last week of the half term or the first week of the next half term.
- TT Rockstars is something you should be regularly be using to keep your times table and division knowledge fresh and the best that it can be.
- PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday.
- PE kits should be in everyday and be complete (top, shorts, shoes). Girls should preferably have a spare hair tie inside. Trainers are allowed to be worn, although they should be ones that you aren't worried about getting scuffed or muddy. Tracksuit bottoms (plain) are also acceptable for outdoor PE.
- Water bottles should be brought in everyday and, where possible, labelled clearly with your name (ones with sports caps can be kept on tables).
- Pencil cases are allowed but you must be aware that these are your responsibility.
- Reading books from school are allowed to go home as long as they are regularly brought back in!
- As we are all aware, the weather is unpredictable. If you can make sure you bring in a sensible, waterproof jacket if it's supposed to rain then you'll be able to still go out at break as long as it's not torrential rain!
We had a wonderful time at the Ragged School Museum! We enjoyed being Victorians for the day and were quite grateful to get back to modern day life!
For our forces topic, we looked at how air resistance and gravity affected us when falling from a great height. We worked in groups to make what we thought was the best parachute to increase air resistance and slow our descent.
In P.E, we are looking at country dancing. We have used different country themed music and started to create a routine around Steps 5,6,7,8.
In Science, we looked at whether materials were soluble or insoluble. We did this with cold water and will be testing again with hot water later in the week.
In Science, we tried to find a different way to blow up a balloon. This produced some fab results!
We have been having lots of fun in tag rugby lessons this half term!
We've been learning to sing Elton John's 'Rocketman' for our Space topic...
In gymnastics, we've been working collaboratively on holding balances at different levels...